- HOOPSWORLD | Basketball News & NBA Rumors - http://www.hoopsworld.com -
Annual NBA General Manager Survey Released
Posted By HOOPSWORLD On October 22, 2013 @ 12:34 pm In NBA | No Comments
NBA general managers predict the Miami Heat (75.9%) will capture their third consecutive NBA title and LeBron James (69%) will win his third straight Kia NBA Most Valuable Player award, according to the 12th Annual NBA.com GM Survey.
Additionally, for the first time in the history of the survey, the Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant (20%) was not selected by GMs as the best player at his position, as the Houston Rockets’ James Harden (56.7%) was selected as the best shooting guard in the NBA.
NBA.com once again surveyed the general managers of all 30 teams on the upcoming 2013-14 NBA season gathering their responses on the best teams, players, coaches, fans, offseason moves and more.
Other top honors included Orlando Magic guard Victor Oladipo (80%) as the top vote getter for the Kia NBA Rookie of the Year, the Chicago Bulls (43.3%) as the top defensive team, and San Antonio Spurs point guard Tony Parker (53.3%) as the league’s best international player.
GMs have correctly picked The Finals winner six out of the previous 11 years, including last year’s prediction of the Heat winning it all. This year, the other top vote getters for NBA champion were the Indiana Pacers and San Antonio Spurs, both tied for second with 6.9 percent of votes.
The complete results of the survey are available at NBA.com. The general managers were not allowed to vote for their own team or personnel.
Noteworthy 2013-14 NBA.com GM Survey results include:
· Miami Heat – NBA Champion (75.9% of the vote)
· LeBron James, Miami – Kia NBA Most Valuable Player (69%)
· Victor Oladipo, Orlando – Kia NBA Rookie of the Year (80%)
· Detroit Pistons – Most Improved Team (16.7%)
· Chicago – Best Defensive Team (43.3%)
· Nets-Celtics trade / Andre Iguodala to Golden State – Most Surprising Offseason Move (21.4%)
· Tony Parker, San Antonio – Best International Player (53.3%)
· Chauncey Billups, Detroit – Active player who would make the best head coach (32.1%)
Article printed from HOOPSWORLD | Basketball News & NBA Rumors: http://www.hoopsworld.com
URL to article: http://www.hoopsworld.com/annual-nba-general-manager-survey-released
Copyright © 2013 HOOPSWORLD | Basketball News & NBA Rumors
Part of the USA TODAY Sports Media Group.