Boston Celtics Team Salary
Quick: Cap team. Hard cap.
- Mid-Level Exception — $2,659,820 (Used on Vitor Faverani, Phil Pressey)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $2.016 million
- Trade Exception (Paul Pierce, expiring 7/12/14) — $10,275,136
- Trade Exception (Fab Melo, expiring 8/15/14) — $283,816
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed
PG: Avery Bradley, Phil Pressey, Rajon Rondo (injured)
SG: Jordan Crawford, Courtney Lee, MarShon Brooks
SF: Jeff Green, Gerald Wallace, Keith Bogans
PF: Brandon Bass, Kris Humphries, Kelly Olynyk (injured)
C: Jared Sullinger, Vitor Faverani
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Brad Stevens (hired in 2013 on a six-year, $22 million deal)
- Danny Ainge — President of Basketball Operations
- Mike Zarren — Assistant General Manager
- 2014 — Owed first-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Kevin Garnett swap) — could be Atlanta Hawks pick (Joe Johnson).
- 2014 — Owe second-rounder to Dallas Mavericks (Kelly Olynyk).
- 2015 — Owed first-rounder from Los Angeles Clippers (Doc Rivers).
- 2015 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Sacramento Kings (Sam Cassell).
- 2016 — Owed first-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Kevin Garnett).
- 2017 — Right to swap first-rounders with the Brooklyn Nets (Kevin Garnett).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Sacramento Kings (Marquis Daniels).
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Kevin Garnett).
- 6/25/13 — Received a 2015 first-rounder from the Los Angeles Clippers in compensation for letting Doc Rivers out of his contract. Teams cannot swap players for duration of 2013/14 season.
- 6/27/13 — Traded the 16th pick in the 2013 NBA Draft and two 2014 second-round picks (Boston and Brooklyn) to the Dallas Mavericks for the 13th Pick in the 2013 NBA Draft.
- 6/27/13 — Traded cash to the Indiana Pacers for the 53rd pick in the 2013 NBA Draft.
- 6/27/13 — Selected Kelly Olynyk (13th) and Colton Iverson (53rd) in the 2013 NBA Draft.
- 7/3/13 — Hired Head Coach Brad Stevens on a six-year, $22 million deal.
- 7/8/13 — Signed Kelly Olynyk to a $9.3 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/12/13 — Traded Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Jason Terry and D.J. White to the Brooklyn Nets for Kris Humphries, Gerald Wallace, Kris Joseph, MarShon Brooks and Keith Bogans, along with first-round picks in 2014, 2016 and 2018. The Celtics also gain the right to swap first-round picks in 2017. The remainder of both Garnett and Pierce’s contracts will be fully guaranteed by the Nets.
- 7/18/13 — Signed Vitor Faverani to a three-year, $6.3 million contract (third season non/partial-guaranteed).
- 7/22/13 — Signed Phil Pressey to a three-year, $2.3 million contract (second two non/partial-guaranteed).
- 8/15/13 — Traded Fab Melo and $1.66 million in cash to the Memphis Grizzlies for Donte Greene.
- 9/10/13 — Signed Damen Bell-Holter to a one-year, non-guaranteed $490k minimum contract.
- 9/10/13 — Signed Chris Babb to a one-year, non-guaranteed $490k minimum contract.
- 9/10/13 — Signed Kammron Taylor to a one-year, non-guaranteed $490k minimum contract.
- 9/10/13 — Signed DeShawn Sims to a one-year, non-guaranteed $490k minimum contract.
- 10/31/13 — Declined fourth-year option on MarShon Brooks.
- 10/31/13 — Picked up third-year option on Jared Sullinger.
Waived Players: Kris Joseph, Shavlik Randolph, Donte Green, Damen Bell-Holter, DeShawn Sims, Chris Babb, Kammron Taylor
- Bird: Nenad Krstic*
- Non-Bird: Chris Wilcox
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Note: The Celtics have a long list of free agents no longer in the league that represent cap holds which would need to be renounced for Boston to get under the cap (Shaquille O’Neal, Michael Finley, Michael Olowokandi, Stephon Marbury, etc.).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Colton Iverson (2013-53rd)
Amnesty: Available. The only eligible player is Rajon Rondo.
Cash Paid ($1.54 million remaining): $1.66 million sent to Memphis Grizzlies (Donte Greene)
Cash Received ($3.2 million max): $0
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify HOOPSWORLD Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 12/4/13)