Cleveland Cavaliers Team Salary
Quick: Maximum projected salary cap space $993,596 (assuming Andrew Bynum is kept for the year).
- Room Exception — $2.652 million
Roster Count: 11 guaranteed, four non/partial guaranteed
PG: Kyrie Irving, Jarrett Jack, Matt Dellavedova
SG: C.J. Miles, Dion Waiters
SF: Alonzo Gee, Earl Clark, Sergey Karasev, Carrick Felix
PF: Tristan Thompson, Anthony Bennett
C: Andrew Bynum, Anderson Varejao, Tyler Zeller, Henry Sims
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Mike Brown (five years, $20 million — starting 2013/14)
- Chris Grant — General Manager
- David Griffin — Vice President
- 2014 — Owed first-rounder (top-12 protected, top-10 protected through 2017, converts to 2017 second-rounder if in the top-55) from Sacramento Kings (J.J. Hickson).
- 2014 — Owed second-rounder from Orlando Magic (Justin Harper).
- 2014 — Owed second-rounder from Memphis Grizzlies (D.J. Kennedy).
- 2015 — Owed first-rounder from Miami HEAT (top-10 protected through 2016, unprotected in 2017 (LeBron James).
- 2015 — Owed first-rounder (top-five protected and 15-30 protected through 2016, top-five protected in 2017 and 2018, unprotected in 2019) from the Memphis Grizzlies (Marreese Speights).
- 6/27/13 — Traded the 31st pick in the 2013 NBA Draft to the Portland Trail Blazers for two future second-round picks (TBD).
- 6/27/13 — Selected Anthony Bennett (1st), Sergey Karasev (19th) and Carrick Felix (33rd) in the 2013 NBA Draft
- 7/12/13 — Signed Earl Clark to a two-year, $8.5 million deal (second year non/partial-guarantee).
- 7/12/13 — Signed Jarrett Jack to a four-year, $25.2 million deal (fourth year non/partial-guarantee).
- 7/19/13 — Signed Andrew Bynum to a two-year, $24.8 million contract (both seasons non/partially guaranteed).
- 8/1/13 — Signed Carrick Felix to a four-year, $3.3 million contract (fourth season non/partial-guarantee).
- 8/2/13 — Signed Sergey Karasev to a $7.1 million rookie-scale contract.
- 8/8/13 — Signed Matt Dellavedova to a two-year, $1.3 million non/partially-guaranteed minimum contract.
- 8/20/13 — Signed Anthony Bennett to a two-year, $24 million rookie-scale contract.
- 9/29/13 — Signed Elliot Williams to a one-year, non-guaranteed $884k minimum contract.
- 9/29/13 — Signed DeSagana Diop to a one-year, non-guaranteed 1.4 million minimum contract.
- 9/29/13 — Signed Kenny Kadji to a two-year, non/partially-guaranteed $1.3 million minimum contract.
- 9/29/13 — Signed Jermaine Taylor a one-year, non-guaranteed $884k minimum contract.
- 9/29/13 — Signed Michael Lee to a one-year, non-guaranteed $490k minimum contract.
- 9/29/13 — Signed Henry Sims to a two-year, non/partially-guaranteed $1.7 million minimum contract.
- 10/13/13 — Picked up the fourth-year options on Kyrie Irving and Tristan Thompson.
- 10/13/13 — Picked up the third-year options on Dion Waiters and Tyler Zeller.
Waived Players: Chris Quinn, Kevin Jones, Michael Lee, Kenny Kadji, Jermaine Taylor, Elliot Williams, DeSagana Diop
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Milan Macvan (2011-54th), Sasha Kaun (2008-56th), Ejike Ugboaja (2006-55th)
Amnesty: Used on Baron Davis
Cash Paid ($3.2 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.2 million max): $0
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify HOOPSWORLD Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 12/4/13)