- HOOPSWORLD | Basketball News & NBA Rumors - http://www.hoopsworld.com -
Five explanations for Steve Nash’s hair
Posted By HOOPSWORLD On December 26, 2012 @ 11:00 am In All,Wirenews | Comments Disabled
by Chris Chase, USA TODAY Sports
Steve Nash has had his “Gatsby” haircut — as Kobe Bryant calls it — for months, but because the new Los Angeles Lakers point guard was only playing his fourth game of the season due to injury and Christmas Day is the biggest NBA showcase of the regular season, many were only just exposed to the majesties of Nash’s follicles.
At my family’s Christmas gathering, for example, the words “hipster doofus,” “Ed Grimley” and “George McFly” were casually bandied about. We’d imagine living rooms across the country had similar reactions.
What caused Nash to go for the side-part?
“I’m Hollywood now,” he joked before the season.
But is there more than that? Hollywood causes people do some crazy things, but that haircut is stretching it. Here are five more possible explanations for Nash’s ‘do:
1. Based on the fundraising success of Movember, Nash trying to capitalize a December effort to raise awareness of the plight of Park Slope Bartenders. He calls it Hipsember.
2. Blame Canada.
3. Didn’t want Pau Gasol feeling bad all the time.
4. It’s somehow Mike Brown’s fault.
5. Figured he wasn’t going to allow the Lakers and Knicks uniforms to be the most hideous fashion statements of the day.
Article printed from HOOPSWORLD | Basketball News & NBA Rumors: http://www.hoopsworld.com
URL to article: http://www.hoopsworld.com/five-possible-explanations-for-steve-nashs-hair
Copyright © 2012 HOOPSWORLD | Basketball News & NBA Rumors
Part of the USA TODAY Sports Media Group.