- HOOPSWORLD | Basketball News & NBA Rumors - http://www.hoopsworld.com -
Jackson fined for calling Nuggets dirty
Posted By HOOPSWORLD On May 2, 2013 @ 10:17 pm In Wirenews | Comments Disabled
by Adi Joseph, USA TODAY Sports
Mark Jackson called the Denver Nuggets dirty. The NBA made sure it wasn’t a cheap shot.
The Golden State Warriors coach was fined $25,000 for his comments meant to influence officiating, the NBA announced Thursday.
Here are some of the comments Jackson made after his team’s Game 5 victory Tuesday that likely drew the penalty:
• “Some dirty plays early. It’s playoff basketball, that’s all right. We own it. But make no mistake about it, we went up 3-1 playing hard, physical, clean basketball — not trying to hurt anybody.”
• Nuggets forward Kenneth Faried set “great screens and some great illegal ones, too.”
• “As an opposing coach, I see it, and I’m trying to protect my guys.”
• One screen on Warriors star Stephen Curry was “a shot at his (previously injured) ankle, clearly. That can’t be debated.”
• “I got inside information that some people don’t like that brand of basketball and they clearly didn’t co-sign it. They wanted to let me know they have no parts in what was taking place. Let the best team win. And let everybody with the exception of going down with a freak injury, let everybody leave out of here healthy. That’s not good basketball.”
Whichever drew the NBA’s wrath, Jackson hopes it pays off as his team prepares for Game 6 Thursday night in Oakland.
Contributing: The Associated Press
Article printed from HOOPSWORLD | Basketball News & NBA Rumors: http://www.hoopsworld.com
URL to article: http://www.hoopsworld.com/jackson-fined-for-calling-nuggets-dirty
Copyright © 2013 HOOPSWORLD | Basketball News & NBA Rumors
Part of the USA TODAY Sports Media Group.