Jerry Buss remembered in 6 moving tweets
by Michael Katz, USA TODAY Sports
Los Angeles Lakers owner Jerry Buss died on Monday, and the basketball community has responded with an outpouring of emotion on Twitter.
Players, fans and media have offered their condolences, but these six memories are especially touching.
* James Worthy (@James_Worthy42) – “Condolences to the Buss family. Dr Buss was not only the greatest sports owner, but a true friend & just a really cool guy. Loved him dearly”
* ESPN’s J.A. Adande (@jaadande) – “As great as Jerry Buss was for the Lakers, he was even better to his friends.”
* National Post‘s Bruce Arthur (@bruce_arthur) – “Jerry Buss bought the Lakers in 1979, drafted Magic Johnson, and has given the world the best show in sports for 34 years.”
* Sixers’ Nick Young (@NickSwagyPYoung) – “RIP Dr. The Legend Jerry Buss, one of the reason growing up in a LA was great, what you did for the Lakers & the NBA Is legendary.”
* Marc Cuban (@mcuban) – “RIP Jerry Buss. Your encouragement and support along with your stories of staying true to yourself had an enormous impact on me.”
* Complex Magazine’s Russ Bengtson (@russbengtson) – “Jerry Buss’s passing is a true end of an era for the NBA. Now it’s lots of new-money new-jacks trying to replicate his success. Good luck.”
Have a Jerry Buss memory to share? Tell us in the comments here or at @USATODAYSports… [For more on Jerry Buss remembered in 6 moving tweets, click here.]