Memphis Grizzlies Team Salary
Quick: Cap team.
- Mid-Level Exception — $4.615 million (Jamaal Franklin)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $2.016 million
- Trade Exception (Wayne Ellington, expiring 1/22/14) — $2,083,042
- Trade Exception (Josh Selby, expiring 1/22/14) — $762,195
- Trade Exception (Rudy Gay, expiring 1/30/14) — $7,489,453
- Trade Exception (Hamed Haddadi, expiring 1/30/14) — $1,300,000
- Trade Exception (Donte Greene, expiring 8/15/14) — $1,027,424
- Trade Exception (Tony Wroten Jr., expiring 8/22/14) — $1,160,040
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed
PG: Mike Conley, Nick Calathes
SG: Tony Allen, Jerryd Bayless, Jamaal Franklin
SF: Tayshaun Prince, Quincy Pondexter, Mike Miller
F: Zach Randolph, Ed Davis, Jon Leuer
C: Marc Gasol, Kosta Koufos
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Dave Joerger (Hired in 2013 on a three-year, approximately $6 million contract)
- Jason Levien — Chief Executive Officer and Managing Partner
- Chris Wallace — General Manager, Basketball Operations
- John Hollinger — Vice President, Basketball Operation
- David Mincberg — Team Counsel
- Stu Lash — Director, Player Personnel and Basketball Development
- 2014 — Owed second-rounder (51-55 range) from Philadelphia 76ers (Tony Wroten Jr.).
- 2014 — Owe second-rounder to Cleveland Cavaliers (Jeremy Pargo).
- 2015 — Owe first-rounder (top-five protected and 15-30 protected through 2016, top-five protected through 2018, unprotected in 2019) to Cleveland Cavaliers (Jon Leuer).
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder (or cash) to Denver Nuggets (Antonio Daniels, Chris Paul, Nick Young).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from Toronto Raptors (Jerry Stackhouse).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Dallas Mavericks (Steven Hunter, Corey Brewer, Nick Calathes trade removed top-55 protection).
- 6/27/13 — Traded Darrell Arthur and the 55th pick in the 2013 NBA Draft to the Denver Nuggets for Kosta Koufos.
- 6/27/13 — Selected Jamaal Franklin (41st) and Janis Timma (60th) in the 2013 NBA Draft.
- 7/12/13 — Signed Jon Leuer to a 3-year, $2.9 million contract.
- 7/13/13 — Signed Tony Allen to a 4-year, $20 million contract.
- 7/22/13 — Acquired the rights to Nick Calathes from the Dallas Mavericks in exchange for removing top-55 protection on 2016 second-rounder.
- 7/23/13 — Claimed Josh Akognon off waivers.
- 7/25/13 — Signed Jamaal Franklin to an estimated 3-year $2.3 million contract.
- 7/29/13 — Signed Mike Miller to a one-year, $ minimum contract
- 8/14/13 — Signed Nick Calathes on an estimated two-year, $1.3 million contract (second non-guaranteed).
- 8/15/13 — Traded Donte Greene to the Boston Celtics for Fab Melo and cash.
- 8/22/13 — Traded Tony Wroten Jr. to the Philadelphia 76ers for a future second-round pick.
- 9/29/13 — Signed Derrick Byars to a one-year, non-guaranteed $884k minimum contract.
- 9/29/13 — Signed Melvin Ely to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1.3 million contract.
- 9/29/13 — Signed Tony Gaffney to a one-year, non-guaranteed $789k contract.
- 10/10/13 — Signed Andre Barrett to an estimated one-year, non-guaranteed $948k minimum contract.
- 10/31/13 — Signed Quincy Pondexter to a four-year, $14 million extension.
Waived Players: Fab Melo (via stretch provision), Josh Akognon, Derrick Byars, Willie Reed, Melvin Ely, Tony Gaffney, Andre Barrett
- Bird: Steven Hunter*
- Non-Bird: Keyon Dooling, Gilbert Arenas*, Marcus D. Williams*, Leon Powe*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Janis Timma (2013-60th)
Amnesty: Available. Eligible players include Mike Conley and Zach Randolph
Cash Paid ($3.2 million max): $0
|Marcus D. Williams||$884,293-M|
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify HOOPSWORLD Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/31/13)