New York Knicks Team Salary
Quick: Tax team (~$33,628,461)
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception — $1,650 (used on Pablo Prigioni, Metta World Peace)
- Trade Exception (Ronnie Brewer, expiring 2/21/14) — $854,389
Roster Count: 12 guaranteed, three non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Raymond Felton, Pablo Prigioni, Beno Udrih
SG: Iman Shumpert, J.R. Smith, Tim Hardaway Jr., Chris Smith, Toure Murry
SF: Carmelo Anthony, Metta World Peace
PF: Kenyon Martin, Amar’e Stoudemire
C: Andrea Bargnani, Cole Aldrich, Tyson Chandler (injured)
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Mike Woodson (under contract through the 2014/15 season)
- Steve Mills — Executive Vice President and General Manager
- Allan Houston — Assistant General Manager
- Jamie Matthews — Vice President, Basketball Operations
- Mark Warkentien — Director, Player Personnel
- Glen Grunwald — Basketball Advisor
- John Gabriel — Director, Basketball Operations
- 2014 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Sacramento Kings (Nate Robinson, Patrick O’Bryant).
- 2014 — Owed second-rounder (protections TBD) from Oklahoma City Thunder (Ronnie Brewer).
- 2014 — Owe first-rounder to Denver Nuggets (Carmelo Anthony), which may be re-routed to Orlando Magic (Andre Iguodala).
- 2014 — Owe second-rounder to the Houston Rockets (Marcus Camby).
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder to Houston Rockets (Marcus Camby).
- 2016 — Denver Nuggets have right to swap first-rounders (Carmelo Anthony).
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder (after possible Denver swap) to Toronto Raptors (Andrea Bargnani).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder (31 to 37 range) to Portland Trail Blazers (Raymond Felton).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Toronto Raptors (Andrea Bargnani).
- 6/27/13 — Selected Tim Hardaway Jr. (24th) in the 2013 NBA Draft.
- 7/8/13 — Signed Tim Hardaway Jr. on an estimated $6 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/8/13 — Signed C.J. Leslie to a two-year, $1.3 million minimum contract (non/partial-guaranteed)
- 7/10/13 — Traded Marcus Camby, Steven Novak and Quentin Richardson (S&T), along with a 2016 first-round pick and second-round picks in 2014 and 2017, to the Toronto Raptors for Andrea Bargnani.
- 7/10/13 — Signed Pablo Prigioni to a three-year, $5 million contract (third year non/partial-guaranteed).
- 7/11/13 — Signed J.R. Smith to a three-year, $18 million contract.
- 7/13/13 — Did not match the Indiana Pacer’s offer sheet to Chris Copeland.
- 7/16/13 — Signed Metta World Peace to a two-year, $3.3 million contract (second season player option).
- 7/24/13 — Signed Kenyon Martin to a one-year, minimum $1.4 million contract.
- 8/6/13 — Signed Jeremy Tyler to a two-year, non/partially-guaranteed $1.8 million minimum contract.
- 8/8/13 — Signed Beno Udrih to a one-year, $1.3 million minimum contract.
- 9/10/13 — Signed Toure Murry to a one-year, non-guaranteed $490k minimum contract.
- 9/10/13 — Signed Chris Smith to a two-year, non/partially-guaranteed $1.3 million minimum contract.
- 9/23/13 — Signed Cole Aldrich to a one-year, non-guaranteed $916k minimum contract.
- 9/26/13 — Signed Ike Diogu to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1.2 million minimum contract.
- 9/30/13 — Signed Justin Brownlee to a one-year, non-guaranteed $490k minimum contract.
- 9/30/13 — Signed Josh Powell to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1.2 million contract.
- 10/2/13 — Signed Chris Douglas-Roberts to a one-year, non-guaranteed $948k minimum contract.
- 10/28/13 — Picked up the fourth-year option on Iman Shumpert.
Waived Players: Justin Brownlee, C.J. Leslie, Ike Diogu, Josh Powell, Jeremy Tyler, Chris Douglas-Roberts
- Non-Bird: Earl Barron, Baron Davis*, Mike Bibby*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Ahmad Nivins (2009-56th)
Amnesty: Used on Chauncey Billups.
Cash Paid ($3.2 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.2 million max): $0
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify HOOPSWORLD Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 12/4/13)