Phoenix Suns Team Salary
Quick: Maximum projected salary cap space $6.2 million.
- Room Exception — $2.652 million
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, one non/partially guaranteed
PG: Goran Dragic, Ish Smith
SG: Eric Bledsoe, Archie Goodwin, Dionte Christmas
SF: P.J. Tucker, Marcus Morris, Gerald Green
PF: Channing Frye, Markieff Morris
C: Miles Plumlee, Viacheslav Kravtsov, Alex Len, Emeka Okafor (injured)
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Jeff Hornacek (four-year deal starting 13/14, fourth-year team option)
- Lon Babby — President of Basketball Operations
- Ryan McDonough — General Manager
- Trevor Bukstein — Assistant General Manager
- Pat Connelly — Assistant General Manager
- 2014 — Owed first-rounder (top-13 protected, top-12 protected in 2015 and 2016, else converts to 2016 and 2017 second-rounders) from Minnesota Timberwolves (Robin Lopez).
- 2014 — Owed first-rounder (lottery protected through 2019, unprotected in 2020) from Indiana Pacers (Luis Scola).
- 2014 — Owed first-rounder (top-12 protected, top-10 protected through 2019, unprotected in 2020) from Washington Wizards (Marcin Gortat).
- 2015 — Owed first-rounder (top-three protected through 2017, unprotected in 2018) from Los Angeles Lakers (Steve Nash).
- 2015 — If protections on a 2014 second-rounder from the Toronto Raptors kick in, the Milwaukee Bucks will get the higher 2015 second-rounder between the Raptors and Suns — the Raptors would get the lower of the two (Sebastian Telfair, James Johnson, Eric Bledsoe)
- 6/27/13 — Traded the 30th pick in the 2013 NBA Draft for Malcolm Lee and the 29th pick in the 2013 NBA Draft.
- 6/27/13 — Selected Alex Len (5th), Archie Goodwin (29th) and Alex Oriakhi (57th) in 2013 NBA Draft.
- 7/10/13 — Traded Jared Dudley to the Los Angeles Clippers and a 2015 second-round pick to the Milwaukee Bucks for Caron Butler and Eric Bledsoe.
- 7/12/13 — Signed Archie Goodwin to a $5.4 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/27/13 — Traded Luis Scola to the Indiana Pacers for Gerald Green, Miles Plumlee and a 2014 first-rounder (lottery protected).
- 8/28/13 — Traded Caron Butler to the Milwaukee Bucks for Ish Smith and Viacheslav Kravtsov.
- 8/28/13 — Signed Alex Len to a $15.8 million rookie-scale contract.
- 9/13/13 — Signed Dionte Christmas to a two-year, non/partially guaranteed minimum contract.
- 9/28/13 — Signed James Nunnally to a one-year, non-guaranteed minimum contract.
- 10/25/13 — Traded Marcin Gortat, Malcolm Lee, Kendall Marshall and Shannon Brown to the Washington Wizards for Emeka Okafor and a protected 2014 first-round pick.
- 10/27/13 — Picked up the fourth-year options on Markieff and Marcus Morris.
- 10/27/13 — Picked up the third-year option on Miles Plumlee.
Waived Players: Michael Beasley (via stretch provision), James Nunnally
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- Second-rounders: Alex Oriakhi (2013-57th), Dwayne Collins (2010-60th), Milos Vujanic (2002-36th)
Amnesty: Used on Josh Childress – 2013-14, $7.1825 million; 2014-15, $7.3175 million
Cash Paid ($3.2 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.2 million max): $0
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify HOOPSWORLD Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 12/4/13)