- HOOPSWORLD | Basketball News & NBA Rumors - http://www.hoopsworld.com -
Recommendations for NCAA Board of Directors
Posted By HOOPSWORLD On January 17, 2013 @ 10:00 pm In All,Wirenews | Comments Disabled
A sampling of the rules reform recommendations the NCAA Rules Working Group has sent to the organization’s Board of Directors, which will decide on their adoption. The Board meets Saturday, the final day of the 2013 NCAA Convention in Grapevine, Texas:
– Recruiting coordination can be conducted by someone other than a head coach or assistant coach.
– No limit on number of coaches who may recruit off campus at the same time.
– Provide up to $300 above actual expenses to student-athletes, as long as the source of the funds is a permissable one.
– Allow off-campus contact with recruits beginning the first day of junior year in high school and communication with recruits on or after July 1 after the completion of the recruit’s sophomore year in high school.
– Eliminate current restrictions on methods and modes of communication between schools and prospects.
– Prospects would be treated as student-athletes upon the signing of their National Letter-of-Intent, admission or receipt of financial aid.
– That schools and entities such as conferences, the U.S. Olympic Committees or a national sport governing body be able to provide expenses for student-athletes who are training with a national team, receiving an athletic or academic award, or are asked to represent their institution in practice, competition or goodwill tour.
Article printed from HOOPSWORLD | Basketball News & NBA Rumors: http://www.hoopsworld.com
URL to article: http://www.hoopsworld.com/rule-recommendations-for-ncaas-board-of-directors
Copyright © 2013 HOOPSWORLD | Basketball News & NBA Rumors
Part of the USA TODAY Sports Media Group.