Sacramento Kings Team Salary
Quick: Cap space used.
- Room Exception — $2.652 million
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, one non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Greivis Vasquez, Isaiah Thomas, Jimmer Fredette, Ray McCallum
SG: Ben McLemore, Marcus Thornton
SF: Derrick Williams, John Salmons, Travis Outlaw
PF: Jason Thompson, Patrick Patterson, Carl Landry (injured)
C: DeMarcus Cousins, Chuck Hayes, Hamady Ndiaye
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Mike Malone (four-year deal starting for the 2013/14 season at roughly $2 million a season, team option in final year).
- Pete D’Alessandro — General Manager
- Shareef Abdur-Rahim — Assistant General Manager
- 2014 – Owe first-rounder (top-12 protected in 2014, top-10 protected through 2017 otherwise it converts to a 2017 second-rounder, provided it’s higher than 56) to Cleveland Cavaliers (J.J. Hickson).
- 2014 – Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) to New York Knicks (Patrick O’Bryant, Nate Robinson).
- 2014 – Owe second-rounder (provided it’s higher than 55) to Toronto Raptors. Lower pick between Raptors and Kings pick to Phoenix Suns (James Johnson, Sebastian Telfair, Eric Bledsoe).
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Boston Celtics (Sam Cassell).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder (top-37 protected) from New York Knicks, – if not in 2016 then Portland Trail Blazers second-rounder in 2017 (Raymond Felton, Jrue Holiday).
- 2016 – Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to New Orleans Pelicans (Hilton Armstrong).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Milwaukee Bucks — higher pick between Kings and Pelicans (Luc Richard Mbah a Moute).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Boston Celtics (Marquis Daniels).
- 2019 — Milwaukee Bucks have the right to swap second-rounders (Luc Richard Mbah a Moute).
- 6/27/13 — Selected Ben McLemore (7th) and Ray McCallum (36th) in the 2013 NBA Draft.
- 7/10/13 — Traded trade Tyreke Evans (via sign and trade) to New Orleans Pelicans for Greivis Vasquez and two second-rounders.
- 7/12/13 — Traded a 2016 second-rounder and the right to swap second-rounders in 2018 to the Milwaukee Bucks for Luc Richard Mbah a Moute.
- 7/14/13 — Signed Ben McLemore to a $13.1 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/15/13 — Signed Carl Landry to a four-year, $26 million contract.
- 7/18/13 — Signed Ray McCallum to a three-year, $2.3 million contract (third season non/partially-guaranteed).
- 8/28/13 — Signed Trent Lockett to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $1.3 million minimum contract ($35k guaranteed).
- 9/6/13 — Signed C.J. Aiken to an estimated one-year, non-guaranteed $490k minimum contract.
- 9/9/13 — Signed DeQuan Jones to a one-year, non-guaranteed $789k minimum contract.
- 9/13/13 — Signed Hamady Ndiaye to a one-year, non-guaranteed $884k minimum contract.
- 9/30/13 — Signed DeMarcus Cousins to an estimated four-year, $61 million extension.
- 9/30/13 — Signed Brandon Heath to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $490k minimum contract ($35k guaranteed).
- 10/31/13 — Declined the fourth-year option on Jimmer Fredette.
- 11/28/13 — Traded Luc Richard Mbah a Moute to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Derrick Williams.
Waived Players: C.J. Aiken, Brandon Heath, DeQuan Jones, Trent Lockett
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- Second-rounders: Dejan Bodrioga (1995-51st)
Amnesty: No eligible players.
Cash Paid ($3.2 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.2 million max): $0
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify HOOPSWORLD Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 12/4/13)