Washington Wizards Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap. Under the tax by ~$1.4 million. Hard Cap.
- Mid-Level Exception — $0 (Martell Webster)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $0 (Eric Maynor)
- Trade Exception (Jordan Crawford, expiring 2/21/14) — $1,198,680
- Estimated Trade Exception (Emeka Okafor, expiring 10/25/14) — $370,367
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: John Wall, Eric Maynor
SG: Trevor Ariza, Glen Rice Jr., Garrett Temple, Bradley Beal (injured)
SF: Martell Webster, Otto Porter (injured), Chris Singleton (injured)
PF: Nene, Trevor Booker, Jan Vesely, Al Harrington
C: Marcin Gortat, Kevin Seraphin
*Note: Based on previous season. Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Randy Wittman
- Ernie Grunfeld — President of Basketball Operations
- Tommy Sheppard — Vice President of Basketball Administration
- 2014 — Owe first-rounder (top-12 protections, top-10 protected through 2019, unprotected in 2020) to Phoenix Suns (Marcin Gortat)
- 2015 — Owed second-rounder from New Orleans Pelicans (Chris Paul, Nick Young).
- 6/27/13 — Traded the 38th and 54th picks in the 2013 NBA Draft to the Philadelphia 76ers for the 35th pick in the 2013 NBA Draft.
- 6/27/13 — Selected Otto Porter (3rd) and Glen Rice Jr. (35th) in the 2013 NBA Draft.
- 7/8/13 — Signed Otto Porter to a $19.3 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/8/13 — Signed Glen Rice Jr. to a two-year, $1.3 million minimum contract.
- 7/10/13 — Signed Martell Webster to a four-year, $22 million contract (4th year non/partial guaranteed).
- 7/10/13 — Signed Eric Maynor to a two-year, 4.1 million contract.
- 7/10/13 — Signed Garrett Temple to a one-year, $916,099 minimum contract.
- 7/31/13 — Signed John Wall to an estimated five-year $78.8 million extension (exact figures TBD until July 2014).
- 8/13/13 — Signed Al Harrington to a one-year, $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 9/26/13 — Signed Xavier Silas to a one-year, non-guaranteed $789k minimum contract.
- 9/27/13 — Signed Pop Mensah-Bonsu to a one-year, non-guaranteed $948k minimum contract.
- 9/27/13 — Signed Josh Childress to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1.2 million minimum contract.
- 9/27/13 — Signed D’or Fischer to a one-year, non-guaranteed $490k minimum contract.
- 10/25/13 — Traded Emeka Okafor and a protected 2014 first-round pick to the Phoenix Suns for Marcin Gortat, Malcolm Lee, Kendall Marshall and Shannon Brown.
- 10/28/13 — Picked up the third-year option on Bradley Beal.
- 10/31/13 — Declined fourth-year options on Jan Vesely and Chris Singleton.
Waived Players: D’or Fischer, Josh Childress, Pops Mensah-Bonsu, Xavier Silas, Kendall Marshall, Shannon Brown, Malcolm Lee
- Bird: Mo Evans*
- Non-Bird: Cartier Martin, Jason Collins, Leandro Barbosa, Morris Almond*, James Singleton*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Tomas Satoransky (2012-32nd), Emir Preldzic (2009-57th)
Amnesty: Andray Blatche 2013-14 $7,794,921; 2014-15 $8,471,339
Cash Paid ($3.2 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.2 million max): $0
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify HOOPSWORLD Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 12/4/13)