- HOOPSWORLD | Basketball News & NBA Rumors - http://www.hoopsworld.com -
What Should Houston Do?
Posted By Bill Ingram On December 18, 2010 @ 10:42 am In All,NBA | No Comments
Houston fans were disappointed, if not shocked or even surprised, to learn that All-Star center Yao Ming has yet another fracture in his left ankle and is done for this season, if not for good.
Now the question is: What should the Rockets do next?
Last night, in response to many, many questions from Rockets fans, we started a Twitter campaign to ask YOU, the fans, what you would like to see the Rockets do, and we had some interesting responses. Here are the most frequent responses so far:
1) The Rockets should now turn the team over to the young guys. Let Patrick Patterson and Jordan Hill get plenty of playing time to develop and prepare to be much better players next season.
2) Make a trade for someone like Dallas Mavericks center Brendan Haywood and push for the playoffs.
3) Do whatever it takes to keep winning. The NBDL is for development.
4) Start Chuck Hayes and see if this team, with Kevin Martin, can make the playoffs. They were close last season.
5) The Rockets should tank and add a high lottery pick to the team this summer, starting over next season.
Now’s your chance to sound off. We want to know what YOU, the fans, think the Houston Rockets should do in response to the news about Yao Ming. Tweet your answer here: @TheRocketGuy If you’re not on Twitter, post your response below!
I’ll be tallying up your answers and posting the results in this space later this weekend.
UPDATE: The Rockets were actually involved in talks with the Orlando Magic about acquiring Marcin Gortat, whom they chased in free agency, but the Magic really wanted Kevin Martin and the Rockets didn’t see that as an equiatable move. Orlando’s second choice was Jason Richardson, whom they acquired today.
Some of today’s top Tweets:
@flyingcape: Time 2 rebuild – Develop the younger players.No point in getting all desperate and making trades.
@wjm911: Any championship team needs a seven-footer – or Hakeem!
@thetruthsports: The NBDL is for development! Rockets must trade!
@DelishmanGuap: Jeffries for Haywood is more realistic. Haywood has negative value due to his contract. Mavs should include 1st round pick.
LEXthePEX: Rockets should go after Mayo/Thabeet.
Article printed from HOOPSWORLD | Basketball News & NBA Rumors: http://www.hoopsworld.com
URL to article: http://www.hoopsworld.com/what-should-houston-do
Copyright © 2013 HOOPSWORLD | Basketball News & NBA Rumors
Part of the USA TODAY Sports Media Group.